- Martin J, Burns CC, Jorba J, et al. Genetic Characterization of Novel Oral Polio Vaccine Type 2 Viruses During Initial Use Phase Under Emergency Use Listing — Worldwide, March–October 2021. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2022;71:786–790.
- Yuan Y, Thierry JM, Bull-Otterson L, et al. COVID-19 Cases and Hospitalizations Among Medicare Beneficiaries With and Without Disabilities — United States, January 1, 2020–November 20, 2021. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2022;71:791–796.
- Lee D, Counard C, Tang A, Brister S, Ezike N. Notes from the Field: COVID-19–Associated Mortality Risk Among Long-Term Care Facility Residents and Community-Dwelling Adults Aged ≥65 Years — Illinois, December 2020 and January 2022. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2022;71:803–805.
- Davlantes E. Notes from the Field: Initial Outbreak Response Activity Following Wild Poliovirus Type 1 Detection — Malawi, February 2022. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2022;71:776–777.
- Minhaj FS, Ogale YP, Whitehill F, et al. Monkeypox Outbreak — Nine States, May 2022. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2022;71:764–769.
- Kriss JL, Hung M, Srivastav A, et al. COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage, by Race and Ethnicity — National Immunization Survey Adult COVID Module, United States, December 2020–November 2021. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2022;71:757–763.
NIH launches clinical trial of Epstein-Barr virus vaccine. Read more.
- Pritchard N, Worrell MC, Shahum A, et al. Notes from the Field: Response to Measles Among Persons Evacuated from Afghanistan — Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, New Jersey, August–October 2021. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2022;71:609–610.DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm7117a3external icon.
- Clarke KE, Jones JM, Deng Y, et al. Seroprevalence of Infection-Induced SARS-CoV-2 Antibodies — United States, September 2021–February 2022. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2022;71:606-608. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm7117e3external icon.
- Truman BI, Chang M, Moonesinghe R. Provisional COVID-19 Age-Adjusted Death Rates, by Race and Ethnicity — United States, 2020–2021. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2022;71:601-605. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm7117e2external icon.
- Masters NB, Mathis AD, Leung J, et al. Public Health Actions to Control Measles Among Afghan Evacuees During Operation Allies Welcome — United States, September–November 2021. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2022;71:592–596. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm7117a2external icon.
- Plumb ID, Feldstein LR, Barkley E, et al. Effectiveness of COVID-19 mRNA Vaccination in Preventing COVID-19–Associated Hospitalization Among Adults with Previous SARS-CoV-2 Infection — United States, June 2021–February 2022. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. ePub: 12 April 2022. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm7115e2external icon.
- Fowlkes AL, Yoon SK, Lutrick K, et al. Effectiveness of 2-Dose BNT162b2 (Pfizer BioNTech) mRNA Vaccine in Preventing SARS-CoV-2 Infection Among Children Aged 5–11 Years and Adolescents Aged 12–15 Years — PROTECT Cohort, July 2021–February 2022. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2022;71:422–428. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm7111e1external icon.
- Wallace M, Moulia D, Blain AE, et al. The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices’ Recommendation for Use of Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine in Adults Aged ≥18 Years and Considerations for Extended Intervals for Administration of Primary Series Doses of mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines — United States, February 2022. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2022;71:416–421. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm7111a4external icon.
- Taylor CA, Whitaker M, Anglin O, et al. COVID-19–Associated Hospitalizations Among Adults During SARS-CoV-2 Delta and Omicron Variant Predominance, by Race/Ethnicity and Vaccination Status — COVID-NET, 14 States, July 2021–January 2022. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. ePub: 18 March 2022. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm7112e2.
- Tenforde MW, Self WH, Gaglani M, et al. Effectiveness of mRNA Vaccination in Preventing COVID-19–Associated Invasive Mechanical Ventilation and Death — United States, March 2021–January 2022. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. ePub: 18 March 2022. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm7112e1.
- Hause AM, Baggs J, Marquez P, et al. Safety Monitoring of COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Doses Among Persons Aged 12–17 Years — United States, December 9, 2021–February 20, 2022. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. ePub: 1 March 2022. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm7109e2.
- Klein NP, Stockwell MS, Demarco M, et al. Effectiveness of COVID-19 Pfizer-BioNTech BNT162b2 mRNA Vaccination in Preventing COVID-19–Associated Emergency Department and Urgent Care Encounters and Hospitalizations Among Nonimmunocompromised Children and Adolescents Aged 5–17 Years — VISION Network, 10 States, April 2021–January 2022. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. ePub: 1 March 2022. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm7109e3external icon.
- Zambrano LD, Newhams MM, Olson SM, Halasa NB, Price AM, Boom JA, et al. Effectiveness of BNT162b2 (Pfizer-BioNTech) mRNA Vaccination Against Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children Among Persons Aged 12–18 Years — United States, July–December 2021 MMWR. 2022;71(Early Release).
- Lipkind HS, Vazquez-Benitez G, DeSilva M, Vesco KK, Ackerman-Banks C, Zhu J, et al. Receipt of COVID-19 Vaccine During Pregnancy and Preterm or Small-for-Gestational-Age at Birth — Eight Integrated Health Care Organizations, United States, December 15, 2020–July 22, 2021 MMWR. 2022;71(1);26–30.
- Yek C, Warner S, Wiltz JL, Sun J, Adjei S, Mancera A, et al. Risk Factors for Severe COVID-19 Outcomes Among Persons Aged ≥18 Years Who Completed a Primary COVID-19 Vaccination Series — 465 Health Care Facilities, United States, December 2020–October 2021 MMWR. 2022;71(1);19–25.
- QuickStats: Percentage of Children and Adolescents Aged 1–17 Years Who Received an Influenza Vaccine Within the Past 12 Months, by Health Insurance Coverage and Age Group — National Health Interview Survey, United States, 2019–2020 MMWR. 2021;70(5152);1785.
- Jansen L, Tegomoh B, Lange K, Showalter K, Figliomeni J, Abdalhamid B, et al. Investigation of a SARS-CoV-2 B.1.1.529 (Omicron) Variant Cluster — Nebraska, November–December 2021 MMWR. 2021;70(5152);1782–4.
- Nemoto N, Dhillon S, Fink S, Holman EJ, Cope AK, Dinh T, et al. Evaluation of Test to Stay Strategy on Secondary and Tertiary Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in K–12 Schools — Lake County, Illinois, August 9–October 29, 2021 MMWR. 2021;70(5152);1778–81.
- Harris-McCoy K, Lee VC, Munna C, Kim AA. Evaluation of a Test to Stay Strategy in Transitional Kindergarten Through Grade 12 Schools — Los Angeles County, California, August 16–October 31, 2021 MMWR. 2021;70(5152);1773–7.
- Wanga V, Gerdes ME, Shi DS, Choudhary R, Dulski TM, Hsu S, et al. Characteristics and Clinical Outcomes of Children and Adolescents Aged <18 Years Hospitalized with COVID-19 — Six Hospitals, United States, July–August 2021 MMWR. 2021;70(5152);1766–72.
- Lutrick K, Rivers P, Yoo YM, Grant L, Hollister J, Jovel K, et al. Interim Estimate of Vaccine Effectiveness of BNT162b2 (Pfizer-BioNTech) Vaccine in Preventing SARS-CoV-2 Infection Among Adolescents Aged 12–17 Years — Arizona, July–December 2021 MMWR. 2021;70(5152);1761–5.
- Hause AM, Baggs J, Marquez P, Myers TR, Gee J, Su JR, et al. COVID-19 Vaccine Safety in Children Aged 5–11 Years — United States, November 3–December 19, 2021 MMWR. 2021;70(5152);1755–60.
- Dulski TM, DeLong M, Garner K, Patil N, Cima MJ, Rothfeldt L, et al. Notes from the Field: COVID-19–Associated Mucormycosis — Arkansas, July–September 2021 MMWR. 2021;70(50);1750–1.
- Mejía-Santos H, Montoya S, Chacón-Fuentes R, Zielinski-Gutierrez E, Lopez B, Ning MF, et al. Notes from the Field: Mucormycosis Cases During the COVID-19 Pandemic — Honduras, May–September 2021 MMWR. 2021;70(50);1747–9.
- Fast HE, Zell E, Murthy BP, Murthy N, Meng L, Scharf LG, et al. Booster and Additional Primary Dose COVID-19 Vaccinations Among Adults Aged ≥65 Years — United States, August 13, 2021–November 19, 2021 MMWR. 2021;70(50);1735-9.
- CDC COVID-19 Response Team. SARS-CoV-2 B.1.1.529 (Omicron) Variant — United States, December 1–8, 2021 MMWR. 2021;70(50);1731-4.
- Nguyen KH, Yankey D, Lu P, Kriss JL, Brewer NT, Razzaghi H, et al. Report of Health Care Provider Recommendation for COVID-19 Vaccination Among Adults, by Recipient COVID-19 Vaccination Status and Attitudes — United States, April–September 2021 MMWR. 2021;70(50);1723–30.
- Paz-Bailey G, Adams L, Wong JM, Poehling KA, Chen WH, McNally V, et al. Dengue Vaccine: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, United States, 2021 MMWR. 2021; 70(RR-6);1–16.
- Delahoy MJ, Mortenson L, Bauman L, Marquez J, Bagdasarian N, Coyle J, et al. Influenza A(H3N2) Outbreak on a University Campus — Michigan, October–November 2021 MMWR. 2021;70(49);1712-4.
- Bajema KL, Dahl RM, Evener SL, Prill MM, Rodriguez-Barradas MC, Marconi VC, et al. Comparative Effectiveness and Antibody Responses to Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccines among Hospitalized Veterans — Five Veterans Affairs Medical Centers, United States, February 1–September 30, 2021 MMWR. 2021;70(49);1700–5.
- Alleman MM, Jorba J, Henderson E, Diop OM, Shaukat S, Traoré MA, et al. Update on Vaccine-Derived Poliovirus Outbreaks — Worldwide, January 2020–June 2021 MMWR. 2021;70(49);1691–9.
- Montgomery MP, Meehan AA, Cooper A, Toews K, Ghinai I, Schroeter MK, et al. Notes from the Field: COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage Among Persons Experiencing Homelessness — Six U.S. Jurisdictions, December 2020–August 2021 MMWR. 2021;70(48);1676–8.
Mizzou student goes from intern to executive director
A soon-to-be MU graduate is making the jump from intern to executive director of the Missouri Immunization Coalition — but that’s just part of the story. mizzou-student-goes-from-intern-to-executive-director
Health departments in Missouri fighting a lack of vaccine as new tiers open up on state COVID-19 plan
“Lynelle Phillips, the president of the Missouri Immunization Coalition and vice president of the Missouri Public Health Association, said the state faces “a big distributive justice challenge.” It must weigh when competing groups will receive the vaccine, like people who are high-risk because exposure could make them sicker versus those who are high-risk for potentially more widespread exposure.”
- Mbaeyi SA, Bozio CH, Duffy J, Rubin LG, Hariri S, Stephens DS, et al. Meningococcal Vaccination: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, United States, 2020 MMWR. 2020;69(RR-9);1-41.
This report compiles and summarizes all previously published ACIP recommendations for use of meningococcal vaccines in the United States…
- Baker KM, Laureano-Rosario AE, Edwards S. Notes from the Field: Travel-Associated Measles in a Person Born Before 1957 — Pinellas County, Florida, 2019 MMWR. 2020;69(38);1378–1379.
The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices recommends that adults without documentation of measles immunity who are traveling internationally receive 2 documented doses of measles, mumps, and rubella virus vaccine before departure…
- Moffett DB, Llewellyn A, Singh H, Saxentoff E, Partridge J, Boualam L, et al. Progress Toward Poliovirus Containment Implementation — Worldwide, 2019–2020 MMWR. 2020;69(37);1330-3.
Just as with type 2 monovalent Sabin oral poliovirus vaccine (OPV), countries using novel type 2 OPV or trivalent Sabin OPV for outbreak response should track and report related materials according to poliovirus containment requirements…
- Olsen SJ, Azziz-Baumgartner E, Budd AP, Brammer L, Sullivan S, Pineda RF, et al. Decreased Influenza Activity During the COVID-19 Pandemic — United States, Australia, Chile, and South Africa, 2020 MMWR. 2020;69(37);1305-9.
Interventions aimed against SARS-CoV-2 transmission, plus influenza vaccination, could substantially reduce influenza incidence and impact in the 2020–21 Northern Hemisphere season…
- Melkonian SC, Henley SJ, Senkomago V, Thomas CC, Jim MA, Apostolou A, et al. Cancers Associated with Human Papillomavirus in American Indian and Alaska Native Populations — United States, 2013 MMWR. 2020;69(37);1283-7.
In data from central cancer registries linked with Indian Health Service patient information, 740 (72%) of 1,030 HPV-associated cancers among AI/AN were estimated to be types targeted by 9-valent HPV vaccine…
- Meyer E, Sikka N, Durry E, Datta D. Notes from the Field: CDC Polio Surge Response to Expanding Outbreaks of Type 2 Circulating Vaccine-Derived Poliovirus — Africa and Philippines, September 2019–March 2020 MMWR. 2020;69(34);1182-3.
Disruptions in routine immunization and SIAs because of the COVID-19 pandemic have elevated the risk for increases in vaccine-preventable diseases, including polio…
- Dunn R, Musabaev E, Razavi H, Sadirova S, Bakieva S, Razavi-Shearer K, et al. Progress Toward Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C Elimination Using a Catalytic Funding Model — Tashkent, Uzbekistan, December 6, 2019–March 15, 2020 MMWR. 2020;69(34);1161-5.
Despite the availability of hepatitis B vaccines and treatment for hepatitis B and C, few low- and middle-income countries have sustainable and scalable elimination programs…
- Grohskopf LA, Alyanak E, Broder KR, Blanton LH, Fry AM, Jernigan DB, et al. Prevention and Control of Seasonal Influenza with Vaccines: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices — United States, 2020–21 Influenza Season MMWR. 2020;69(RR-8);1-24.
This report updates the 2019–20 ACIP recommendations regarding the use of seasonal influenza vaccines and provides recommendations and guidance for vaccine providers regarding the use of influenza vaccines in the United States for the 2020–21 season…
- Elam-Evans LD, Yankey D, Singleton JA, Sterrett N, Markowitz LE, Williams CL, et al. National, Regional, State, and Selected Local Area Vaccination Coverage Among Adolescents Aged 13–17 Years — United States, 2019 MMWR. 2020;69(33);1109-16.
This report provides vaccination coverage estimates on 18,788 adolescents aged 13–17 years…
- Langdon-Embry M, Papadouka V, Cheng I, Almashhadani M, Ternier A, Zucker JR. Notes from the Field: Rebound in Routine Childhood Vaccine Administration Following Decline During the COVID-19 Pandemic — New York City, March 1–June 27, 2020 MMWR. 2020;69(30);999-1001.
The availability of an immunization infrastructure to rapidly communicate with providers, an effective immunization information system to identify unvaccinated children, and the Vaccines for Children Program provider and vaccine distribution network have all been important to NYC’s response and will be critical to distribution and administration of COVID-19 vaccines when they become available…
- Sandhu HS, Roesel S, Sharifuzzaman M, Chunsuttiwat S, Tohme RA. Progress Toward Hepatitis B Control — South-East Asia Region, 2016–2019 MMWR. 2020;69(30);988-92.
This report describes the progress made toward hepatitis B control in SEAR during 2016–2019…
- Macklin G, Diop OM, Humayun A, Shahmahmoodi S, El-Sayed ZA, Triki H, et al. Update on Immunodeficiency-Associated Vaccine-Derived Polioviruses — Worldwide, July 2018–December 2019 MMWR. 2020;69(28);913-7.
This report updates previous reports and includes details of iVDPV cases detected during July 2018–December 2019…
- McPherson TD, Ramirez E, Ringness M, Ruestow P, Marlow M, Fricchione MJ. Mumps Cases Disproportionately Affecting Persons Living with HIV Infection and Men Who Have Sex with Men — Chicago, Illinois, 2018 MMWR. 2020;69(28);909-12.
This report describes increased mumps cases in a nonuniversity setting with geographical distribution throughout a large urban center, disproportionately affecting men who have sex with men and persons living with human immunodeficiency virus infection…
- Nelson NP, Weng MK, Hofmeister MG, Moore KL, Doshani M, Kamili S, et al. Prevention of Hepatitis A Virus Infection in the United States: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, 2020 MMWR. 2020;69(RR-5);1-38.
This report supplants and summarizes previously published recommendations from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) regarding the prevention of HAV infection in the United States…
- Lu L, Roland E, Shearer E, Zahn M, Djuric M, McDonald E, et al. Notes from the Field: Measles Outbreak Associated with International Air Travel — California, March–April 2017 MMWR. 2020;69(25);803-4.
This travel-associated measles outbreak serves to remind travelers, airlines, clinicians, and the public that vaccine-eligible adult travelers lacking evidence of immunity should receive 2 MMR doses before traveling internationally…
- Chard AN, Datta SD, Tallis G, Burns CC, Wassilak SGF, Vertefeuille JF, et al. Progress Toward Polio Eradication — Worldwide, January 2018–March 2020 MMWR. 2020;69(25);784-9.
This report summarizes progress toward global polio eradication during January 1, 2018–March 31, 2020 and updates previous reports…
- Jones JM, Kracalik I, Levi ME, Bowman JS III, Berger JJ, Bixler D, et al. Assessing Solid Organ Donors and Monitoring Transplant Recipients for Human Immunodeficiency Virus, Hepatitis B Virus, and Hepatitis C Virus Infection — U.S. Public Health Service Guideline, 2020 MMWR. 2020;69(RR-4);1-16.
The recommendations in this report supersede the U.S Public Health Service (PHS) guideline recommendations for reducing transmission of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis B virus (HBV), and hepatitis C virus (HCV) through organ transplantation…
- Knapp JK, Mariano KM, Pastore R, Grabovac V, Takashima Y, Alexander JP Jr, et al. Progress Toward Rubella Elimination — Western Pacific Region, 2000–2019 MMWR. 2020;69(24);744-50.
This report summarizes progress toward rubella elimination and CRS prevention in WPR during 2000–2019…
- Donahue M, Hendrickson B, Julian D, Hill N, Rother J, Koirala S, et alVance J, Gonzalez F, Estrada E, Ocaranza HI, Clemmons N, Palacios V. Notes from the Field: Measles Outbreak on an Army Post and a Neighboring Community — El Paso, Texas, July–September 2019 MMWR. 2020;69(23);722-3.
Measles remains a risk to unvaccinated persons in the United States…
- Donahue M, Hendrickson B, Julian D, Hill N, Rother J, Koirala S, et al. Multistate Mumps Outbreak Originating from Asymptomatic Transmission at a Nebraska Wedding — Six States, August–October 2019 MMWR. 2020;69(22);666-9.
Asymptomatic transmission of mumps in a conducive environment is capable of producing a widespread outbreak…
- Lickness JS, Gardner T, Diop OM, Chavan S, Jorba J, Ahmed J, et al. Surveillance to Track Progress Toward Polio Eradication — Worldwide, 2018–2019 MMWR. 2020;69(20);623-9.
This report presents 2018–2019 poliovirus surveillance data, focusing on 40 priority countries with WPV or VDPV outbreaks or at high risk for importation because of their proximity to a country with an outbreak…
- Bramer CA, Kimmins LM, Swanson R, Kuo J, Vranesich P, Jacques-Carroll LA, et al. Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Routine Pediatric Vaccine Ordering and Administration — United States, 2020 MMWR. 2020;69(20);630-1.
Vaccination coverage declined in all milestone age cohorts, except for birth-dose hepatitis B coverage, which is typically administered in the hospital setting …
- Hofmeister MG, Foster MA, Montgomery MP, Gupta N. Notes from the Field: Assessing the Role of Food Handlers in Hepatitis A Virus Transmission — Multiple States, 2016–2019 MMWR. 2020;69(20);636-7.
To optimize resources, health departments should assess the risk for secondary transmission of hepatitis A from infected food handlers on a case-by-case basis and prioritize vaccination efforts in situations where secondary transmission risk is deemed high…
- Santoli JM, Lindley MC, DeSilva MB, Kharbanda EO, Daley MF, Galloway L, et al. Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Routine Pediatric Vaccine Ordering and Administration — United States, 2020 MMWR. 2020;69(19);591-3.
To avoid outbreaks of vaccine-preventable diseases and keep children protected, vaccinations and well-child visits are essential…
- Goodson JL, Teleb N, Ashmony H, Musa N, Ghoniem A, Hassan Q, et al. Progress Toward Measles Elimination — Eastern Mediterranean Region, 2013–2019 MMWR. 2020;69(15);439-45.
This report describes progress toward measles elimination in EMR during 2013–2019 and updates a previous report…
- Pedersen R, Barton V, Tripp J, Blanton L, Barnes J, Hahn C. Notes from the Field: Seasonal Human Influenza A(H3N2) and Influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 Reassortant Infection — Idaho, 2019 MMWR. 2020;69(14);427–8.
CDC recommends that state and local health departments, hospitals, and clinicians maintain surveillance to identify patients who might be transmitting newly emerging influenza viruses…
- Jernigan DB, CDC COVID-19 Response Team. Update: Public Health Response to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 Outbreak — United States, February 24, 2020 MMWR. 2020;69(8);216–9.
Rabies from nonhuman primate bites is uncommon because primates are not primary rabies reservoirs. Nonetheless, rabies postexposure prophylaxis for victims of nonhuman primate bites in countries where rabies is enzootic should be considered…
- Dawood FS, Chung JR, Kim SS, Zimmerman RK, Nowalk MP, Jackson ML, et al. Interim Estimates of 2019–20 Seasonal Influenza Vaccine Effectiveness — United States, February 2020 MMWR. 2020;69(7);177–182.
Vaccination remains the best way to protect against influenza and its potentially serious complications…
- Patel A, Jernigan DB, 2019-nCoV CDC Response Team. Initial Public Health Response and Interim Clinical Guidance for the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Outbreak — United States, December 31, 2019–February 4, 2020 MMWR. 2020;69(5)140-6.
As more is learned about this novel virus and this outbreak, CDC will rapidly incorporate new knowledge into guidance for action by CDC and state and local health departments…
- Oliver SE, Moore KL. Licensure of a Diphtheria and Tetanus Toxoids and Acellular Pertussis, Inactivated Poliovirus, Haemophilus influenzae Type b Conjugate, and Hepatitis B Vaccine, and Guidance for Use in Infants MMWR. 2020;69(5);136-9.
This report summarizes the indications for DTaP-IPV-Hib-HepB and provides guidance for its use…
- Freedman MS, Hunter P, Ault K, Kroger A. Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices Recommended Immunization Schedule for Adults Aged 19 Years or Older — United States, 2020 MMWR. 2020;69(5);133-5.
Changes in the 2020 adult immunization schedule for persons aged ≥19 years include new or revised recommendations for hepatitis A vaccine (HepA); human papillomavirus vaccine (HPV); influenza vaccine; serogroup B meningococcal vaccine (MenB); pneumococcal vaccine; and tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid, and acellular pertussis vaccine (Tdap)…
- Robinson CL, Bernstein H, Poehling K, Romero JR, Szilagyi P. Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices Recommended Immunization Schedule for Children and Adolescents Aged 18 Years or Younger — United States, 2020 MMWR. 2020;69(5);130–2.
Changes in the 2020 child and adolescent immunization schedule for persons aged 18 years or younger include new or updated ACIP recommendations for hepatitis A vaccine (HepA); influenza vaccine; meningococcal B vaccine (MenB); and tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid, and acellular pertussis vaccine (Tdap)…
- Havers FP, Moro PL, Hunter P, Hariri S, Bernstein H. Use of Tetanus Toxoid, Reduced Diphtheria Toxoid, and Acellular Pertussis Vaccines: Updated Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices — United States, 2019 MMWR. 2020;69(3):77–83.
This report provides recommendations for the use of Td or Tdap for the decennial Td booster, tetanus prophylaxis when indicated for wound management, and catch-up immunization schedule for persons aged ≥7 years with incomplete or unknown vaccination history…
- Merritt TA, Rasmussen SA, Bright MA, Roussos-Ross D, Sims SM, Gurka MJ, et al. Variation in Tdap and Influenza Vaccination Coverage Among Pregnant Women by Insurance Type — Florida, 2016–2018 MMWR. 2020;69(3);72–76.
Medicaid benefits for Tdap and influenza vaccination during pregnancy might increase vaccination coverage…
- Owusu D, Hand J, Tenforde MW, Feldstein LR, DaSilva J, Barnes J, et al. Early Season Pediatric Influenza B/Victoria Virus Infections Associated with a Recently Emerged Virus Subclade — Louisiana, 2019 MMWR. 2020;69(2);40-43.
Early influenza B/Victoria virus activity in Louisiana resulted in illnesses in children that were similar to typical seasonal influenza; however, some illnesses were severe, and one death was reported…