The Missouri Immunization Coalition, Inc. is Hiring!
Position: Public Health Educator
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
Full-time, Benefit eligible
Hybrid work environment
Candidates in central Missouri are in office Tuesday-Thursday with the option to work remotely on Mondays and Fridays. Candidates outside of Central Missouri are remote eligible with travel to Columbia, MO once/month. Priority will be given to candidates residing in or willing to relocate to Missouri.
The Missouri Immunization Coalition (MIC) seeks a highly motivated self-starter who is passionate about advancing the health and well-being of others through vaccine education, advocacy and promotion to join our team as a Public Health Educator.
This position is responsible for creating educational content and training materials for audiences/stakeholders that the MIC serves.
The Public Health Educator will assist in program and training development, attend and speak at outreach events to raise awareness of the organization and the importance of immunizations, and generate creative strategies and content to educate and promote vaccinations in Missouri communities. If you thrive in an environment where flexibility is key, are well-organized and a self-starter who is passionate about immunizations and the critical role they play in keeping populations and communities healthy, then consider applying to join our team!
- Reports to Director of Programs
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Programs and the other Public Health Educator to support the organization across all programmatic priority areas and initiatives
- Create immunization education content and trainings
- Create educational and training materials to support communities, clinics, and hospitals across local, regional, and statewide populations
- Encourage and support local public health agencies and federally qualified healthcare centers to
- expand immunization efforts and immunization clinics
- Ensure that all Missouri stakeholders have access to education and resources as necessary related to COVID-19 Immunizations and immunizations across the lifespan
- Oversees the planning, implementation, and evaluation of education and training initiatives
- Facilitate presentations and events with a wide variety of audiences
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or Community Health, Health Education and Promotion, Biology or Life Sciences, Curriculum and Training Education, or related fields
- At least one (2) years of professional work experience
- Experience creating curriculum and/or designing trainings for general public and health care professionals
- Experience creating health educational content for general public and health care professionals
- Proficiency using Microsoft Teams, Sharepoint, One Drive, Outlook, Office 365, Monday.com, Zoom, and Adobe.
- CHES certification
- Master’s degree in Public Health or Community Health, Health Education and Promotion, Biology or Life Sciences, Curriculum and Training Education, or related fields
- 3+ years experience in educational content creation, and/or curriculum and training design for general public and health care professionals.
How To Apply:
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Brief cover letter
- List of three (3) references
Include: “Public Heath Educator Application” in the subject of your email.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment based on demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law.