Monthly Infection Control and Prevention Webinar Series
2nd Thursday of each month from 12-1 p.m., June 2021 through December 2022
Register For Free Now
June 10 – Inaugural Webinar: Vaccines are Safe – How we know!
Lynelle Phillips, MPH, RN, Assistant Teaching Professor, Department of Public Health, School of Health Professions, Extension Service Nurse Specialist, University of Missouri, Columbia
- General rules of vaccines
- FDA approval process and Emergency Use Authorization Use (EUA) process
- How were we able to get a vaccine to market in such a short time and still cut no corners?
- Compare the different vaccines – safety and efficacy
- Is the lesser protection by J&J significant enough to be important? J&J Case Study.
July 8 – How do COVID vaccines affect immunity to COVID?
Taylor Nelson, DO, Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine, University of Missouri Health Care, Columbia. Board Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine/Infectious Disease
- Natural immunity vs vaccine-induced immunity – which is best?
- How long does the vaccine protect me?
- What is Herd immunity and is it reasonable to expect we will ever achieve it?
- If I’ve had COVID, why get vaccinated?
- To boost or not to boost?
- I’m young, isn’t it less risky to take chance with COVID than the vaccine?
August 10—Environmental Health: Air Purification and Quality
Loie Couch, RN, BS, CIC, FAPIC, Infection Prevention Specialist, Barnes Jewish Christian (BJC) Hospital, St. Louis
- Functions of a ventilation system
- Benefits and limitations of bi-polar ionization
- Minimum filtration requirements
- Apply filtration flexibility on a space-by-space approach
- Appropriate use of UV light disinfection and accompanying hazards
- Visible light disinfection and its appropriate use and considerations
Tentative Schedule for Remainder of 2021
September 9: No webinar – Attend the MPHA Conference, Sept. 21-23, 2021 in Columbia, MO!
October 14: Messaging – Different Strokes for Different Folks
November 11: Pandemic Fatigue – Kevin Cloninger, PhD, Executive Director at Anthropedia Foundation and Director of Well-Being Coaching, St Louis
December 9: Long-haul COVID-19 patients, Post COVID Syndrome
NOTE: Topics may change due to the pace and volume of new knowledge regarding COVID-19 and the need to inform providers regarding best practices. Topics for 2022 will be announced closer to that time.
Register For Free Now