The MIC’s coalition building strategies leverage the collective voice of Missouri’s diverse population on immunization priorities, policies, awareness, and resources in support of promoting vaccinations and the health of our communities.
Community Outreach and Awareness
The Missouri Immunization Coalition’s community outreach efforts build awareness for parents about the safety and importance of immunizations. We also provide immunization education and information with healthcare providers.
The Missouri Immunization Coalition brings together a diverse group of healthcare professionals, public health professionals, business leaders, parents, and community members to inform public policy.
Strengthening immunization knowledge for Missouri’s physicians, mid-level providers, nurses, pharmacists, and public health professionals enables Missouri’s healthcare professionals to:
- Make strong provider vaccination recommendations
- Adhere to proper vaccination safety protocol
- Provide information to patients on the importance of vaccinations
- Address vaccine hesitancy by discussing vaccine benefits
- Remain up-to-date on the latest immunization recommendations