Types of Flu Vaccines
There are many types of flu vaccines, including shots and nasal sprays. All flu vaccines for the 2022-2023 season are quadrivalent vaccines, designed to protect against four different flu viruses, including two influenza A viruses and two influenza B viruses.
If you have questions about which vaccine is best for you, talk to your doctor or other health care professional.
There are a large variety of flu vaccines so that even people with egg allergies, pregnant people, and people with chronic health conditions can get vaccinated with a vaccine that is appropriate for them.
Possible Side Effects
Some people do experience side effects with the flu vaccine. These generally resolve in a few hours or days. These side effects may include:
- Injection site reactions such as soreness, redness, and swollen arm
- Muscle Aches
In rare cases, a person should not get the flu shot. If you feel that you might fall into this category you should speak to your health care provider.
Get Vaccinated Today!
- Search for Flu vaccine locations near you at www.vaccines.gov/find-vaccines/
- Find a vaccine provider near you at https://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/
- Speak to your healthcare provider
- Call your local or state health department
- Visit your local pharmacy
- Locate a Vaccines For Children provider for free vaccines for children who qualify at https://health.mo.gov/living/wellness/immunizations/vfc-parents.php